|mmmmm- love this stuff!|
It's spring time and quickly leaving are the days of soups and stew. My favorite (and the kids all like and eat it too) is a super yummy cucumber salad!
I make a vat of this a week (or so it seems) and we et it throughout the week. I have even mix pasta with it (for the kids) to spread it out as a cold pasta salad. You can add chicken too for extra protein! You really can't go wrong- it's sooooo good!
I will say though that the initial recipe makes A LOT! Also, you really can do just about any amounts of any of this and/or not include some of these ingredients and it will still turn our awesome. Be as creative as you want! I have added quinoa to it before also!
I don' even bother with the recipe anymore, I just chop stuff, throw it in a bowl, and eat!
Spring Time Cucumber Salad
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion, slivered
- 3 bell peppers of any color seeded and chopped
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1-3 cucumbers chopped
- 4 stalks of celery chopped
- a hand full of chopped Kale (I use prepped dino)
- 1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese- really it's as much as you want
- some shakes from the ole'salt and pepper shaker
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbs of fresh, chopped, parsley leaves
- Chop it all up and throw it in a bowl
- Prepare dressing by throwing it all in a bowl and mixing it. (I use a stick mixer)
- pour dressing over everything and mix in