Translate

Monday, May 9, 2016

My FAVORITE cucumber salad

mmmmm- love this stuff!


      It's spring time and quickly leaving are the days of soups and stew.  My favorite (and the kids all like and eat it too) is a super yummy cucumber salad!
     I make a vat of this a week (or so it seems) and we et it throughout the week.  I have even mix pasta with it (for the kids) to spread it out as a cold pasta salad.  You can add chicken too for extra protein!  You really can't go wrong- it's sooooo good!
     I will say though that the initial recipe makes A LOT!  Also, you really can do just about any amounts of any of this and/or not include some of these ingredients and it will still turn our awesome. Be as creative as you want!  I have added quinoa to it before also!
       I don' even bother with the recipe anymore, I just chop stuff, throw it in a bowl, and eat!
     Enjoy!





Spring Time Cucumber Salad

  • 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 red onion, slivered
  • 3 bell peppers of any color seeded and chopped
  • 2 cups of grape tomatoes, sliced
  • 1-3 cucumbers chopped
  • 4 stalks of celery chopped
  • a hand full of chopped Kale (I use prepped dino)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup feta cheese- really it's as much as you want
  • some shakes from the ole'salt and pepper shaker
DRESSING

  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 cloves of minced garlic
  • 2 tbs of fresh, chopped, parsley leaves
DIRECTIONS:

  1. Chop it all up and throw it in a bowl
  2. Prepare dressing by throwing it all in a bowl and mixing it.  (I use a stick mixer)
  3. pour dressing over everything and mix in
  4. EAT!



1 comment: